In 2021 alone, our nationwide network of agents raised more than $434,000 for non-profit organizations and causes in our communities. More than $2 million has been raised by our agents and corporate staff to support organizations that focus on food insecurity, clean water, access to healthy food, legal services, counseling services and more.
Quility staff and agents also worked hard to give back to neighbors near our headquarters in Asheville, North Carolina. From our local food bank to the regional chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, here are a few highlights of our team’s local community efforts:
- Bounty & Soul: Donations from our corporate office provided more than 1,400 people with access to healthy food through Bounty and Soul, a North Carolina-based non-profit organization. In turn, this donation supported 45 local farmers and growers as well as weekly health and wellness education for adults and children.
- Make-A-Wish Central and Western North Carolina: During our annual virtual fundraising event in December 2021, we raised $217,000 for Make-A-Wish Central and Western NC, which granted 36 wishes! Throughout the year, an additional $41,000 was raised for this organization.
- OUR Voice: In 2021, Quility raised $12,000 for OUR Voice, an Asheville, North Carolina-based non-profit crisis intervention and prevention agency that serves victims of sexual violence in Buncombe County. This donation provided more than 80 hours of counseling services for victims of sexual violence. On March 11, 2021, Quility was the presenting sponsor at the annual Break the Silence Speaker Series featuring keynote speaker Chanel Miller.
- Homeward Bound: $13,000 is what it costs to house one person and wrap them in supportive services for an entire year. Through Quility’s investment in Homeward Bound, we were able to help end homelessness for an individual who now has a warm, safe place to call home.
- Pisgah Legal Services: Quility’s donation of $2,500 to Pisgah Legal Services provided 40 hours of legal work for families in Buncombe County and around Western North Carolina to connect them with quality, often life-saving healthcare.
- Chow Chow Festival: Quility was a $5,000 sponsor of the local Chow Chow Festival, a culinary festival focused on equity, diversity and inclusion, educating and honoring all communities new and old, connecting other local non-profits, celebrating around delicious food while also exploring the intersections of our foodways with issues such as racial justice, food justice, climate change and more.
- Food Connection: Quility donated $10,000 to fund a local food truck for communities facing food insecurity. Food Connection eases hunger, reduces waste and supports the local food industry by redistributing surplus prepared food and purchasing meals from chefs to serve neighbors in need.
Quility’s nationwide network of agents and corporate staff also participated in fundraising for causes on a global scale. Through Jimmy Spieldenner’s Africa Fund, $10,000 went towards the repair and modernization of a home in Africa, providing hot and cold water, flooring and a safe place to live.
Through Quility’s donations to Charity Water, more than 300 people per month gained access to clean water. This rose to 3,600 people having reliable access to clean water in 2021 through Quility’s donations.
Quility also supported organizations focused on students, the arts and women in 2021.
Beyond our work in our communities, we also launched many exciting updates and provided our agents with even more ways to serve their clients.
In 2021 we launched our proprietary life insurance product, Quility Level Term, which provides coverage up to $1 million through an entirely digital application. With Quility Level Term, your policy is delivered to your inbox in less than ten minutes, taking the hassle out of life insurance entirely!
Quility also announced the second round of equity appreciation grants, including “gift grants,” to more than 250 individuals in the organization. Quility has now awarded grants to more than 360 agents and corporate staff.
We also won a few awards! In 2021, Symmetry Financial Group, the partner company of Quility, which was founded in 2009, received recognition for the sixth consecutive year on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies.
The Inc. 5000 represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment of privately-owned companies.
We spent the past year giving back, serving clients nationwide and making great memories. Our employees added to their families, traveled and enjoyed time with loved ones, and we accomplished so many internal goals.
Cheers to a wonderful 2021; we can’t wait to see what is accomplished in 2022!